Salt Lake City

What I’ve seen of this city is beautiful, but I’ve been spending my time at Comic Con or the hotel. I should have flown in here Tues (Sept 2) to have had an extra day for exploring and recovering, but live and learn.

I “lost” the first day of Comic Con because I was sick. I don’t know if it was jet lag or the city’s altitude that caused it, but whenever I awoke my eyes ached like they could explode; so I’d roll over and go back to sleep. Luckily I took Advil before going to bed Wed night; so I wasn’t too stiff, just achy.

When I finally did feel better I ordered room service and enjoyed a leisurely lunch dressed in my pjs.

I kept looking out my window and could see the long lines across the street at The Salt Palace. I kept looking at the clock, knowing I was running out of time to register, but just didn’t feel like getting dressed and crossing that street.

I know I missed out on a lot yesterday, including standing in line for hours. I read on Facebook that the average wait was 3 hours to get inside The Salt Palace unless you had pre-registered, which was impossible for me. I also read (later) that The Salt Palace had stayed open until 7pm Sept 3 to accommodate more attendees. I could have made that if I’d known, but still doubt I would’ve made it to Comic Con Thurs, but I’ll sure be better prepared next time!


About sandrabranum

I'm a philosopher, dreamer, poet, writer -- not necessarily in that order -- and I get to write it all down and share it with the world thanks to the Wonderful World Wide Web!
This entry was posted in writing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Salt Lake City

  1. Barbara Gambill says:

    Looks like you had a pretty good meal from room service. Would have loved to have gone with you but I know for a fact that I could Never stand in line that long and could not have walked all around. Not Like the “Good Ole Days” when I stood outside of the Kiel in the wee hours of the morning in line to get the tickets for the Elvis concert way back when. That was when it was Safe to do such things in downtown St. Louis. That was a 6+hour wait but we got good seats. Have fun and be careful.
    Barb >>> the Gad About from good old St. Louis.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s